Yesterday Suzanne and I took Big Gus up to the Equine Clinic in Gilbert. Dr. Jeremy has been treating him for cellulitis in his rear legs for about a month, it's getting better, but still needs attention. Dr. Jeremy was unavailable and it was time for another shot, so we went to plan B.
Over the years we've been up there more than once, Jenny's hoof resection, Cisco's bulbous growth on his sheath, Bell's sialolith cyst, Penny's colic surgery, and many more in between. A lot of times, all of those problems couldn't be done in the field and had to be done in a hospital/clinic, so we would make the 3 hour haul, and sometimes left them there. Jenny ended up staying up there over a month.
|Awaiting his fate........!!|
We noticed today that Saddik's plaque on his grave is missing. It had come loose and was laying in front of a rock at the head of the grave until someone figured out a way to keep it from falling off again. We're pretty sure we know who took it unfortunately, which is sad when it is someone you know.