Thursday, December 23, 2010



You know that old saying, "I'm so busy, I don't know if I've found a rope or lost my horse?".............well I'm about there......!!! (G)  I know people with more on their plate than I have, but they seem to "Git 'er done" without whining.  

I will be glad when the holidays are over.  The Christmas' of my childhood no longer exist & I was disgusted this year to see the stores starting their banter & decorating before Halloween. Our youngest grandson is 22, so there is no little ones to work the magic on.  I remember some of the methods my family used to make sure Santa was "alive & well" in my mind & appreciate all the effort, although I'm sure they enjoyed it as much as I did.  In the case of my grandfather probably even more.

Sunday we will be going on 2 different home studies.  One is for the foster home for Flora & Fauna.  The woman needs some work done on her corral area & shelter, & a friend has offered to do the work, but needs to know what needs to be done.  So we will take pictures & measurements to give him a little idea of what he will need to do.

We will also go check out a new home for C.J. the mini horse.  A farrier we know in Tucson, got a little mini from a client that had been attacked by her dogs.  The vet gave it a 50/50 chance, but it didn't make it.  So he has been looking for another one ever since.  Usually I wouldn't let her go out this soon, her nasty little feet have only been trimmed twice, but so far she is doing really good.  Since we know him, he's a farrier & we have seen him work with animals, it should be a good home for her.  I don't know how much room he has for her to move around.  I think that is probably why she is improving so quickly, roaming around on 30 acres of "hill & dell" is exercising those legs & feet.  So I hope he has enough room that I will be comfortable with her being there.

Monday we will be going down to Green Valley to Equine Voices to pick up a jenny they got in.  She has been traumatized & Karen thought she might be more comfortable with donkeys.  We haven't seen her, Karen says she is really cute, although I guess she is really swayback.

So if I don't get back to update for a few days that's why.  I wish one & all a very Merry Christmas & a New Year that is the best one you've ever had. 

No comments: