Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Today was kinda of a fun day.  We had a group of home school kids come out to visit with the donkeys this morning.  John wasn't here, so Georgette came out to help show them around.  Only had one slightly bitten finger, Ruthie got a little confused, but I think everyone had a good time.  

This afternoon the dogs were barking their, "the donkeys are going to get in trouble if Mom sees what they are doing" bark.  I went out & sure enough Quilla had hold of Gus' fly mask & I think was trying to fling him over his back. At least that's what it looked like.  Poor Gus was trying to keep his feet on the ground.  He was going around in circles & really wasn't trying to get away, so maybe he was having fun, who knows.  I yelled at Quilla & he took off, which leads me to believe that he knew what he was doing wasn't acceptable.  I didn't really mind him exercising Gus, but I didn't like him using Gus' fly mask as a guidance tool. 

Jenny seemed to have a good day, she laid down late this morning for a couple of hours, but other than that was on her feet all day.  She was laying down when the kids were here, so they didn't get to see her.  Since she is staying in the hay barn, she's away from the pen area.  She's learned how to play people for treats & attention since this has been going on, & I'm sure if she had been up & we had gone to see her, she would have been thrilled with such a large audience to woo. 

Tomorrow is bandage changing day, which I'm looking forward to like I'd look forward to a root canal.  I really don't want to have to drug her, but I guess I will if I have to.  The bandage I put on Monday still looks pretty good, so maybe I'm worrying too much about this whole bandaging process.  I hope her heel bulbs are healing, although since the foot is completely covered with bandages, I don't see how it will get a chance to heal.  That foot is pretty long too, I'll have to talk to Courtney & see if she can trim it.  That's going to be another logistical nightmare I have a feeling. 


Witcheylady said...

lol...I can just picture Quilla & Gus. I sure do miss their antics.
I can imagine what a chore it must be to change Jenny's bandage. In 2000, when Tamera had the one & only bout of laminitis at our place (knock on wood), changing her foam "moon boots" as we called them, was a real nightmare. She was most uncooperative. I had to walk away & cool off more than once. But we all survived & she never came down with laminitis again. Now you know why I'm so meticulous about testing our hay. Not going through that again, if I can help

Tish said...

I hear you, we got done in about an hour today, but it took us half an hour to clean up the garage....!!! I told John now I know why Nancy flings & slings stuff when she's working on an animal. She has vet techs to pick up after her though. LOL

qifei2012 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.