The vet called back before I went out to do chores. Jenny had just gotten up on her own about 5 minutes before, but this morning she needed help to get up.
The vet asked if we had any help, & I told her it was just us. We talked some more & I finally said at this stage a few more days isn't going to make that much of a difference to us, but might make a lot to Jenny. So I said we'd see how it went for the next few days & plan on picking her up Friday. I could almost hear the relief in the vet's voice, so I would imagine she was hoping we'd not want to pick her up ASAP.
Hopefully she will have a good week. I guess her foot is doing great, at least that's good news. They will show me how to bandage it when we get up there. I doubt that they realize how rough our ground is, hopefully the bandage can be strong enough to hold up. I've made bandages out of duct tape before & they will last about 24 hours. I'm still thinking about the hoof covering made out of the same stuff they make casts out of, at least I think it's the same stuff. I'll take the web-site info when we go to pick Jenny up & see what they think.