Tuesday, April 24, 2012

This has been an interesting day.....!!!  We had 1600 gallons of water put in our holding tank this morning.  Hopefully that will give the well a chance to recuperate.  Well driller is coming out Thursday, he's already told John over the phone that it costs as much to drill as it does to re-drill an existing well deeper.  I'm not sure how that works, he's going to have to explain it better than he has so far.  

John spent the day cleaning & filling water buckets, while I went to Tucson & got my pretty orange cast.  Where the thumb was broke in October, is doing just fine.  Cracked the wrist & one of the metatarsal bones in my hand this time.  The doctor said 3 weeks in a cast should be fine if I'm careful with it.  I still plan on trying to race, so we'll see how it goes.  

Jenny didn't eat overnight, so I checked her over this morning.  Temperature was good, feet not warm, had gut sounds, seemed alert, just wasn't eating.  Wouldn't even take a treat, or watermelon, which is usually a #1 choice of treats for donkeys.  

I gave her a light dose of ACE yesterday when we changed her foot bandage.  According to what I read, ACE can cause fogging for at least 12 hours, but it's been over 24 hours, so don't know it that's what it is or not.  Tonight she picked at her hay a little bit, so hopefully she'll be OK in the morning.  

She seems to have a problem with drugs, being down for 10 days after Baytril at the clinic.  The high powered antibiotic Metronidazone, stopped her from eating for days before we took her up to the cliinic.  

Friday is the next bandage changing day, I guess we'll try it without ACE.   

1 comment:

qifei2012 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.