Saturday, March 17, 2012



When we got ready to leave Quilla was at the other end of the field.  I went to halter him & Claire went for Gus.  Quilla saw me coming with that halter & he took off, of course he made a mistake of going where the other people were, which ended his break for freedom.  "ME" thinks he likes the good life with all the attention, rather than "camping" out at Longears camp.......!!! LOL


 We got home about 8:30 last night.

Our neighbors had fed everyone else, so once the boys were put in their pens & got their hay, the rest were ready to go out.  We left Gus in overnight since he was in a different pen than when he was here before, but Quilla went out after he ate his hay.  He came in with the herd this morning, although later we saw him "fratching" with Boaz.  Boaz wasn't here when he left, so they had never met.  It wasn't anything mean, just boys introducing themselves.  

When we let Quilla out this morning he headed for Burroland, Gus hung around the pens a little while, but now he's disappeared, so I don't know if he went over there or maybe down below the house. 

Our ground is a lot harder than what Gus is use to, but we'll try it without boots & see how it goes.  Claire said he went without boots most of the time he was up there, so hopefully it will work out.  

Lynn is turning into a real cougar I guess.  This morning she was trying to entice Tucker of all things.  At least he's more her size, she usually tries to entice Boaz, which isn't possible.  Tucker doesn't have a clue, but he's more than willing to join in the fun.

Still soaking & doctoring Jenny's foot.  Didn't soak it last night & this morning a piece of hoof about the size of a dime fell off up by the coronet.  At least I can get the antibiotic in better with that piece gone.  I don't know if we could get her in the trailer to haul her to Gilbert, but I'm starting to try to figure it out.  They can IV antibiotics right into her leg above the hoof, which would probably work much better than by mouth or squirting antibiotics into the open areas of the hoof, which is what I'm doing.  They would have to keep her for a few days to do it more than once.  That wouldn't be a problem, I just don't know if we could get her loaded in the trailer with that bum foot. 

No comments: