Saturday, July 17, 2021

FUN FILLED MORNING......!!!!

Didn't get our overnight soaking rain, which gave time for the ground to dry out.  John decided this morning to go over and dig the fence that separates the 10 acres from Burroland out of the mud and do a temporary fix on it.  I closed the regular gate to Burroland this morning, but that 70 feet in the wash is wide open, if they bother to check.  Since they are very nosy, I'm surprised they haven't already figured it out.  

 He planned on using the tractor to pull the wire out of the mud, so off he went.  Wasn't gone very long and came back walking, not a good sign.......!!!  It's pretty rough over there and he managed to find a big rock that took out the hydraulics, while down in one of the big washes.  That means nothing works, the backhoe was on the ground, and the front bucket was almost on the ground.  So it is going to have to be dragged out of there.

Thank goodness it was within sight of one of the gates, so then what?  We know of 3 possibilities that might could drag it.  Our closest neighbor has a Toyota 4WD truck, and was available.  They had to get it out of the wash, which wasn't easy, if the Tojo went down in the wash, it was going to get stuck in the soft sand and gravel.  So they strung a bunch of chain together to reach the Tojo up on the bank and started dragging the tractor out.  Got it out, got it dragged to the gate and down the road they went about a 1/4 mile to our gate.  John said it didn't have any power steering and wasn't much fun to steer........LOL  Hopefully it is only a torn hose, but when you think of big rock there are all sorts of possibilities.

Last night when it was time for round up, the donkeys were reluctant to leave the beans, but we were determined, finally got everyone in except Boaz.  Boaz usually runs with Tula and the A-team, we had seen him earlier in the day, but not since the wash ran.  Looked all over the 10 acres, looked in the wash but didn't see any prints.  John even took the golf cart over in Burroland and he wasn't anywhere.  Years ago he got out a few times, but would be yelling at the driveway gate at feeding time, so this was all very unusual.  John said maybe he got caught in the wash when it started running and got drowned.  YIKES that's a little scary...........

John and Suzanne went out in golf carts to check outside the fence for hoofprints.  While they were gone I decided to walk around in Burroland and look for prints.  I was in the big wash over there, looked up on the bank and guess who was looking at me.  He was really spooky he's usually a real mellow guy.  His ears were up and he was looking at me like I was some sort of monster.  I yelled at him and he took off running, which left me way far behind, so I couldn't really tell if he came over to the pen area or not. When I got to the pens I still hadn't seen him, but I blew the horn to let John and Suzanne know I'd found him.  

We think he might have gotten stuck on the other side of the wash by himself when it started to run.  He was still spooky going into his pen, but he's fine today.  

A couple of days ago Suzanne and I were walking on the north side of the east pens and up out of the wash comes 2 cows, that aren't suppose to be here.  I guess they heard breakfast was being served, one of them grabbed some of Bella's hay before we got them moving.  Cows can be interesting to herd if you are on foot.  You can't "herd" them, you have to just follow them at a distance and only get involved if they change direction.  John opened the driveway gate, which they went around rather than thru, but they were following the fence line, just on the wrong side.  So we just kept following them.  John had moved down in front of them and when they saw him they went thru the 4 strand barbed wire fence and out on the road.  

This is why we are never bored..........LOL

 

Link to Road Tripper's article by  Emily Cantaneo



                            

5 comments:

ellie k said...

I have a hard time getting a post through now with all the cars, buses and stuff. it seems I never match they say. If this goes through, just wanted to say hi and still enjoy every post you have.

Tish said...

Got your message, glad you enjoy the blog, time goes by so fast anymore I use to catch up 2 or 3 times a week. Seems like these days I look up and it's been a week........LOL

crackask said...


Your post style is super Awesome and unique from others I am visiting the page I like your style.



Tally ERP

crack Store said...

Your post style is super Awesome and unique from others I am visiting the page I like your style.https://crackstores.com/photopia-director-crack/

Activators4Windows said...

Many Thanks for the shared this informative and interesting post with me. Office 2019 Activator