Thursday, November 26, 2020

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE................!!!

Last Sunday we delivered Kachina an Anazazi to their new home.  I don't know who was more excited the girls or Russ and Bobbi.  
 

The girls seemed to think the ride in the trailer was an adventure and once we got there they got out in a pasture of a couple of acres and started exploring.  Russ helped them to make sure they didn't miss anything.  
 
 

Didn't take long for them to head out on their own to see what was available to eat.  The dried grass seemed to be just fine. 
 
Every time either Russ or Bobbi goes out to where the pasture is, they said the girls come running to see them.   
 
Should be a great long term home for the girls.  Love it when we can find good homes with people that really enjoy having donkeys and plan on keeping them forever.  
 
Tuesday John and I took Macho Man to the surgical clinic in Gilbert up by Phoenix.  I sent pictures of his sheath to Dr. Howard this summer and since it had been that way for years, we all decided to wait for cooler weather to "fix" it. 



 
This is what his sheath has looked like for years according to his former owner.  He couldn't retract it, so it just hung and flopped back and forth.


 

This couldn't be comfortable to drag around all those years, he also couldn't drop to pee.

 

Poor guy, he got a shot, got hung from the ceiling by all 4 feet,  put on this table, and rolled into the operating room.  Then all sorts of indignities were performed that he would not have allowed if he had anything to say about it I'm pretty sure.......!! 
 

 

But the offending lump of scar tissue has been removed.........!!!  They sewed up the incision,  and hopefully he'll be able to drop and pee in the future.  At least he won't have the weight flopping around every  time he moves.  

 

 We're going up tomorrow to pick him up.  I hope he isn't as sore as it looked like he might be.  They weren't very gentle by my standards especially with the body parts they were working on.  John said just imagine what they do in people operating rooms.  He's probably right, I have woke up after surgery and had bruises a long way from where they should have been concentrating, one time I thought they might have dropped me off the table, at least once or twice........LOL

 

4 comments:

ellie k said...

Oh that poor baby, lots of cookies and pain pills I hope. How much did the stuff they took off weight?. I am anxious to see the end result and how much better he will look and hopefully feel.

Hannibal Melquart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ellie k said...

My Daddy used to tell me " It will fill so much better when it quiys hurting." Ai the time I did not believe it but a few hours later he was right.

Tish said...

I don't think they weighed it, but I know from doctoring that it felt heavy to be flopping around. They said the sheath was smaller around than they would have liked, so that's why there is a question if he will be able to drop or not. Even if he can't it's bound to be more comfortable for him.