Monday, October 19, 2020

A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL IN CALIFORNIA THIS WEEK-END

I'm assuming they had a good time,  they haven't made it back yet, suppose to get in tomorrow afternoon.  There were two races a 26 mile and a 10 mile.

 This is Lynn and Muzzy winning the 26 mile race, with 2nd place hot on their heels. 

Team Muzzy winning the 26 mile race  

 Below is the winning team of the 10 mile race.  Patrick came to help with the races and ended up running with Benji, one of our burros.  This was Benji's first race ever, but Patrick has pack burro raced in Colorado, so I'm sure he was instrumental in their win.  



 Congratulations Team Benji...!!

Looks like the start and I'm guessing that floppy eared guy on the right is our Cochise.

John and I are are pretty sure this is our Buddy Brat

This Wednesday Oct 21st, we are inviting anyone that would like to help with mesquite bean eradication to come out.  The donkey are sick and tired of being in their pens, waiting for mother nature to take care of the bean problem.  They've been in their pens since early July and have resorted to destroying the shelters, tearing down the electrical wires and in general letting us know, enough is enough.....!!  

 The range cattle have done a pretty good job of cleaning up the 20 acres of Burroland. We will probably be able to let the donkeys out on Burroland for an hour or so a day, then gradually lengthen their "out" time.

But the cattle were never on the 10 acres where the pens are and without the monsoon rains to break down the bean pods they still look pretty tasty. 

So if you are in the area and have some extra time Wednesday, come on out and help make some donkeys very happy.  

 I raced this week-end, and you might notice this isn't our usual line-up.

Every year the track has a Trunk or Treat night.  They think up creative ways for the racers to hand out candy to the kids.  This year of Covid added a new wrinkle to the process.  

 

We lined up around the track, waited for the kids and here they came by the car loads. I don't know how many cars and trucks there were, but we ran out of candy and I had over 10 pounds of the wrapped kid's candy from Walmart. 

  


Our last race is Oct 31st and they are going to do it again.  I'm going to have to get more candy....!!! LOL

 

I finished 4th which is about normal for this year.  I'm actually still in 4th place for end of the year points and we only have one more race.  The 5th place car can't catch me, BUT, I'm only 8 points behind the guy in 3rd.  So I have something to work on for the last race of the season.  I'd rather finish in 3rd than 4th........LOL
 
This pictures is the guy in 3rd place trying to catch me Saturday night.  He is sideways, that's why the tires are smoking.  John said he was trying so hard he looked like he was going to crash.   
 
We've been told that the dirt track will be opening in November and they will be racing Hornets.  YEA........!!  No dates or nothing official yet, but it's sounding good.  
Saturday night the Tech guys were talking about Hornet rules and this and that.  We told them didn't really matter since the asphalt track wasn't racing Hornets next year.  The head guy looked stunned and said where did you hear that.  Told him heard it from the manager of the track, which pretty much ended the conversation.  Now we'll see what happens next.  Last year we debated running both tracks if they would race on different nights.  But I don't think me or my crew chief aka John could keep up the pace......!! LOL  It takes us till Wednesday to recuperate from one race a month now.  It's hard to remember the good old days when we raced every Saturday night.  Given the choice I will run dirt, asphalt just isn't as much fun as dirt.



 

No comments: