Sunday, April 21, 2013

ISN'T SHE CUTE...........???

 

 

 

Here's a picture of cute little Molly that Steffen took when he was out here with friends & family a week or so ago.  She looks a little more "donkey" than Jack does, especially with the light point muzzle.  She also has the "almost" stand up, but not quite, mane of a donkey.  Jack has a pony face & a hanging mane.  In fact you have to look at him twice & people still aren't sure when we say he's a mule.
 
I can't believe how well everyone is doing right now health wise.  The only one I'm doctoring is Boaz with his knee.  I don't know if it will ever actually heal.  It's down to a spot about the size of a postage stamp, it isn't a "sore", it just isn't scar tissue.  I've tried letting it dry out, or keeping it moist & wrapped.  Not sure which one works the best, I'm leaning towards moist & wrapped, of course keeping a wrap on his knee doesn't always work.  I don't know what he does to "waller" his knee area, but he's very good at it, whatever it is......!!!
 
I'm keeping polo wraps on Quilla's bare front legs.  The scarring leaves his front legs very venerable to both sun & flies.  Over the years I've tried lots of different "fixes", & a lot of them work.  But he ends up with either something slathered on as a barrier, which of course makes a dirty mess when he lays down for a satisfying dust bath.  Or something like polo wraps, which I think will be too hot when it gets in the 100's during the summer.  I personally like men's athletic socks with the toe cut out, pull it above the knee & "attach" it with vet wrap.  Since it's open at the bottom, air circulates & if he rolls it doesn't trap dirt & rocks.  Unfortunately he has developed a knack for not only making holes in them, but also losing them all over the property.  So none of the barriers are perfect by any means. 

No comments: