Saturday, June 28, 2008

HOMEMADE FLY SALVE


Someone on the Yahoo Donkey Group posted this recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but if it works it would be great....! I wonder if you could use another carrier besides lard? Shortening, vaseline, etc..........?????


Subject:
[Donkeys] Homemade Fly Salve

I buy powdered sulphur at the garden center/nursery and mix it into lard till I have a light green paste. About a heaping tablespoon to a quart of lard. I smear it on the donks' legs. No fly bites. Flower gardners dust roses with sulphur to keep aphids off them. I also give them the yellow salt blocks (high sulphur content).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It had been a while since I visited web site with
such quality information. Thansk so much for the useful info

Here is my website; having trouble getting pregnant