Thursday, August 23, 2007

CINDER KNOWS!


When we drove in the driveway yesterday afternoon, at feeding time Miss Cinder was standing at the gate. In all the years we've doing this they might be milling around in the driveway, or gathered at the courtyard gate to the house. But it only took Cinder a few days to figure out, nothing is going to happen until "they" come thru that gate in the big metal "can". Unfortunately, she had Mirage & Molly right behind her, trying to figure out what was going on, and we had both vehicles to get thru the gate. I finally picked up a stick, which seemed to impress Mirage & Molly, but Cinder just turned around & headed for the house. I guess her job was done, & she knew the next area to stake out would be the feed room.

Katie is coming next week to do trimming. We're going to start with Jenny, in case Katie wears out on her. Jenny isn't the most cooperative animal on the place. I have to doctor one of her front feet every morning & wrap it. I have a small piece of plywood I set the foot on, to make it easier to work on without dirt & gravel. She seems to have a sense of humor about the process. I will try to get her to lift that foot. She will lift the other one, & hold it in the air. I haven't caught her laughing yet, but I'm sure that's what she's doing.

No comments: