Saturday, March 24, 2007

A SAD DAY

I got a call this morning about a donkey that had been sick for days, & was down. I was given a name & phone number. I called & the situation sounded very bad. The donkey probably had foundered & coliced. The man said he wasn't moving around & he thought the donkey was drinking but not eating.

John had to go to Tucson today, so I called TJ the assistant director of the Oasis Exotic Bird Sanctuary to see if he could help. The donkey was about 40 miles from here. When TJ & I got to the area, I called & the woman that answered the phone, said the donkey had breathed his last about 10 minutes earlier. We turned around to come home, & the man caught up with us, to thank us for coming. All I could think of was what this poor donkey went thru because of lack of care, days & days of being in pain & nothing done to help him.

Give your animal friends an extra hug tonight in memory of a little guy who wasn't wanted enough to be taken care of when he needed it most.

"Until he extends his circle of compassion to include
all living things, man will not himself find peace"
~Albert Schweitzer

No comments: