Monday, March 11, 2019

GLOBAL WARMING..........HA! HA!


Justin is just about her size


Obviously the perpetrators of that particular science hasn't been in our area this winter.  Today it is cold as it has been for most of the winter, windy which is a rite of spring in SE Arizona and they are predicting the next few days will be cold, and rainy.........!!!  Guess we'll be lucky if it doesn't snow again........!!  LOL  Oh well maybe it puts off the 100 degree days a little bit longer.  For that I can bundle up if necessary.

Yesterday John and I spent the day emergency room hopping.  His leg is still really swollen, very sore and sensitive and really not very pretty.  We started out at the emergency room in our local hospital.  When we went in there was one person ahead of John.  In the next hour the room filled up and people were asking for chairs.  And John had not been called.  We made a decision that he might have a better chance in Tucson at an Urgent Care, so off we went.  Guess what?  They are closed on Sunday......who knew, I would think that would be a good time to be open, not only do people do stupid things on week-ends, but their regular doctor isn't available either.  I shouldn't say they are all closed we found one closed and one with a full parking lot.  So off we went to St. Joseph's hospital and their emergency room.  Walked in, no one there this is looking good.  Took his name and problem, went thru a door and found out it's like a funnel feeding from the small end.  LOL  It was a larger waiting room than the Benson hospital's and was filling up nicely.  Interesting day, I felt like a rat in a maze, went here, went there and had no idea where we were..........!!!!  Six hours later, after an ultrasound, they said he had no blood clots, which was what we were afraid of.  Told him to ice it and sit with it elevated.  So he's been outside most of the day, doing who knows what.  Like most men he doesn't not follow instructions very well.........!!! LOL 

 Neither of us had anything to eat and they wouldn't let him have anything once they had him in the system, so we went to a steakhouse and had steak.........!!!   It almost made the day worthwhile, really good.  



Kids and donkeys, make good partners



The last few days we have had a lot of tours, and the donkeys have really been on their good behavior, so it makes it fun.  Suzanne has hit the ground running and actually has given most of the tours.  



Looks like Pepsi won a ribbon, or someone shared their ribbon with him.


Courtney was here to trim yesterday and found some feet that needed a little extra attention.  Coquette has thinner soles than she should and is suppose to go on a 12 mile run this month.  So Courtney said to soak them and try her in boots.  She didn't mind being soaked at all, which is a good thing.  Leddy also needed to be soaked.  I didn't see it, but Linda and Suzanne were fixing him up.  Linda said she put the soaking bag on his foot and he didn't care.  But when the foot set on the ground and started squishing around, he flipped out.  I guess the next thing they knew, the bag was airborne and headed out of the area.  Needless to say, he's probably not going to get his feet soaked, at least not today.  



Wonder what they are talking about?


I raced Saturday night as planned and actually did pretty good considering.  I was 4th fastest in my poor little beat up car from last year.  Started 11th in the main event and finished 5th.  The top 5 cars have to go to tech after the race.  So anytime you make tech is a good night.......!!!   Also if you bring the car home in good condition.........!!!  LOL

My knee did good, I could climb in the window opening and use the clutch, although the knee did get pretty tired by the end of the night and all that climbing and pushing.  I'm sure it will be stronger March 23rd when I race again.  Hopefully by then my new car will be ready, we're suppose to bring it home tomorrow.   

So many people came up to me and said they were glad I was back.  I heard the announcer gave all the gory details about the wreck and that I made it to the banquet to get my trophy.  My "spy" didn't say if he said how old I was or not..........!!! LOL 

2 comments:

Witcheylady said...

Tish ...you are inspiration to all women. Can't keep a good woman down.
Best of luck racing this year, with NO injuries please!

Tish said...

I don't know about that, who knows what all those people or the others are saying behind my back about that crazy old woman..........LOL