Sunday, February 18, 2018

FINALLY...............SUNSHINE....!!

Was beginning to wonder if we should look for plans for an ark on the internet...!!! LOL  We got over 2 inches of welcome soaking rain........BUT........ as a desert rat, I'm glad it's over.  I don't like wet and soggy and neither do the donkeys.


Wet Donkeys


Boaz has learned how to beg and get to the front of the line.  Notice all the help Lynn has in the golf cart, but Boaz is betting Linda has cookies......!!

Lynn got the fence finished, with help from the donkeys of course.  There is nothing on this property that goes on, that doesn't have their help.


 The rodeo parade will be this Thursday.  Doug has decided to stay home to feed and let the donkeys left at home out.  That will let us leave a little later, although Leigh Anne said not to get there after 5am if we wanted a place to park the rigs.  I guess the area gets filled up with trailers and the later you get there the farther away you have to park.  At 7am they close the area to vehicle traffic of all kinds.  If you come in later with a rig, you have to park "way" far away.  As newbies to this particular parade, we'll probably learn a lot of things to do different in the future, if we participate again.  

The one the 17th of March in Tombstone is rather casual and only about 4 blocks long.  There is a slight "problem" for the March 17th. That also will be the opening day of car racing for the Hornets at Tucson Speedway.  So it looks like we'll do the parade in Tombstone from 11am to noon, come back home, pick up the race car and head for the track.  Sounds like a rather busy schedule to me.  Makes me wish I was 30-40 years younger..........  I'm sure I will survive, but I'm also sure I will be ready to rest when that day is over.  LOL

The 3rd of March John and I will take the Hornet up to Canyon Speedway which is a dirt 1/3 mile track in Peoria, Arizona.  It's a couple of hundred miles up there, so we will spend the night.  My car "almost" matches their rules, but not quite.  So a lot will depend on if they give me a "by" and let me race.  Otherwise I guess we'll just watch.

All the donkeys are doing good right now.  Rosie is on Equioxx to help with her lameness in her right front and is doing pretty good.  Doug said he saw her trotting a couple of days ago.  The last few days no one has gotten Benedryl for allergies, because of the rain and their eyes aren't goopy.  But now that the sun is out, we'll probably start them again tomorrow.

Got my annual order of fly masks from Renee at Colorful Equine this week.  Bright and colorful as usual, she knows we have to find them in the brush, and does her best to make them "findable".  Actually the boys were pretty good last year about not using the fly masks as toys.  Much better than in years past, thank goodness.  Hopefully we won't have to put them on for awhile.


I think this is the view out of Lynn and Linda's "home" at any hour of the day when the donkeys know someone is inside.  Lynn says he likes to look thru the blinds and see who's out there.  I would imagine he's hardly ever disappointed. 


No comments: