Sunday, February 12, 2017

IS IT SPRING YET..........????

Must be getting close, the last few days have been Chamber of Commerce weather, not too cold, not too hot........just right....!!!  Unfortunately a few days like this and the flies will come out in force.  I got notification from Spalding that my first batch of predator wasp eggs is in the mail, so they must keep a pretty close eye on the weather.


This is Lynn and Linda's donkey Leddy learning new skills.  I wasn't aware that we needed a bell ringer, but I guess you never know when his "skill" might be needed.  Thanks for the video Linda. 

Yesterday Frijolita showed up with a dried muddy place on a front leg.  I tried to wash it off, but the dirt and blood was so dried and caked, I finally globbed a bunch of Vaseline on it, covered it with a gauze pad and vet wrapped it.  My guess was a cactus wound, but when I cleaned it up this morning, thanks to the Vaseline soaking, my first thought was snake bite.  It looked just exactly like the 2 canon bone, aka shin bone dry bites we've had over the years.  But when I got it cleaned up, there is only one hole.  So I'm back to my cactus diagnosis. I wouldn't be surprised if the snakes are starting to move around, hopefully the donkeys will be careful, usually fall has been our worst time for snake bites, actually I think they all were in September.

LINDA CAUGHT ME PLAYING WITH THE MINIS.  PEPSI IS BEHIND ME AND I THINK THAT IS CHEYENNE IN FRONT.......  THANK GOODNESS SHE DIDN'T GET A PICTURE OF ME TRYING TO GET UP OFF THE GROUND......!!  I USED CHEYENNE AS A "CRUTCH" AND SHE STOOD THERE LIKE A ROCK...!!









This is Lynn trying to enjoy the great outdoors on his porch.  Unfortunately he has "guests" that are looking for cookies.........LOL  Linda always has her camera with her.....!!

Yesterday Lynn and Linda went to the Wheel of Fortune "cattle call" in Tucson.  They said it was a lot of fun, lots of people showed up.  They didn't make it to the stage, so they went back again today, hopefully there wasn't as many people.

When they came in last night, Linda came in and said there were 2 dogs in the feed room.  Their 3 dogs were in with Saddik for the day and Doug had taken Saddik  into his RV at 7pm, so I was a little confused.  And they had moved their 3 dogs to their RV.

She said when they were driving in about 7 miles down the road, when they came upon 2 dogs in the dark, which isn't good.  They were friendly, so it wasn't any surprise that they got loaded up and brought home......!!!   LOL


 You will notice other dogs in the picture.  I took these this morning at feeding time, when Saddik, Lola, Lennon and Lucy were all in the feed room with these two.  In other words 6 dogs, Linda and I in a room about 9 foot square.  They all actually get along really good, but the floor was pretty full.  No collars or anything.  This morning when Lynn and Linda headed out for Wheel of Fortune, they stopped in the area where they found them and asked, but no one was missing them, so we'll have to make up some flyers.
 

John finally got the motor and transmission in my new dirt car.  He's still got about a month to finish it, so he should get it done.  Next race will be on the asphalt the 4th of March I think.  That will start the pavement season and will be Lynn's first run on asphalt.  We have a practice before, so he can get an idea of what it's like.  It's quite a bit different than dirt, but he seems to be a real quick learner, so I think he'll do just fine.  

No comments: