Saturday, March 12, 2016

HE'S VERY SWEET.......!!

THANKS DOUG..!!

A little scarred up and little rough around the edges, but all in all he is curious, wants to interact with people, especially if they have cookies.

I took the halter off when we put him in his pen.  It's a small pen, so I figured it couldn't be much of a problem to get it back on.  So far I haven't put it back on and haven't made a big deal about it.  You can tell by his behavior he expects "pay" for any and all cooperation.  That's OK, we're working on being able to touch him without paying.  John found out this morning he likes butt scratches, surprising considering what happened to him yesterday.  

Doug and John were getting the hay this morning, so I thought I'd just see if Casper was up to clicker training.  Got my clicker, my "belt that ate a rodent" pouch complete with senior feed and a target.  Went in the pen, held up the target and he went to it, touched, click and he turned to me for payment.  Thought it might be an accident, did it about 10 more times, moving the target around and he did great.  I finally threw it on the ground and he went to touch it twice and come back to me for payment.  Either this little guy has done clicker training before or he is one smart little cookie. 

He has some light grey spots on his head and a dark spot in his tail.  I told John this morning maybe we should have named him Smudge, but John said he likes Casper, so Casper it is.......!!

3 comments:

Witcheylady said...

He's adorable!

Tish said...

But he is a mule.......!! LOL He definitely believes "no tickie, no washie", no treat, no touch. I was hoping a couple of days of interaction and he would "agree" to having the halter put back on. But I don't think that's going to happen. He's probably always been tricked and thinks that's the way it's done.

Steph said...

Cute and smart! I think the name is perfect!