Monday, July 06, 2015

THE BOYS ARE GOING HOME.........I HOPE

RUGER, WISTER, AND MOMMA RUTHIE IN THEIR "STARVING" MODE

Well, I survived the races Saturday night, that's about all I can say........LOL  It started trying to rain just as we went out for our main event, which is a new experience.  Rain on dirt just adds to the fun, rain on asphalt..........not so much.......!!!!  

 We only ran 11 laps because it started raining enough to be a problem, so they called it.  In the meantime I actually got to race in the dirt a little bit.  One of the other drivers rooted me in the rear coming out of a corner and we both went in the infield.  I kept on going, and came back up on the track, probably dragging grass and dirt with me.......LOL  It drove a little weird for a lap or so, till the dirt all fell off.  Because they called the race, I didn't have a chance to catch up, so I finished 12th.......but at least I finished.  

Yesterday we did a home study for Wister and Ruger.  It's in Tucson, just down the road from one of the big Vet clinics.  In fact it's the one that gelded Wister, when he was 4 months old.  I think it is going to be a great home for these two boys.  It's a young couple with 2 cute little girls, one is about 4 the other is a little over one.  They have about 4 acres of pasture and their property backs up against one of the large washes.  Really a nice place, when we drove up John asked if he could stay instead of the boys.  They want to lead them on walks in the wash and teach them to pack.  Of course the girls want to learn to ride them, the little one Hee Haws if you ask her what sound a donkey makes.  They are going in as fosters, but it should work out.  I've been wondering why I couldn't find a Forever Home for them, maybe this is why, the right one just hadn't shown up.  


No comments: