Saturday, December 13, 2014

RAINY DAY AGAIN.......!!!

Well, maybe rainy is a little much, it's mostly been dreary, windy with occasional 2 minute sprinkles.  This morning when we got up it was 50 degrees, it is now time to do evening chores and it's 50 degrees.........!!!!  This afternoon it was a little warmer, but not much.  John said it wasn't going to rain, so I've been making fun of his weather reporting abilities.  

Of course the donkeys are grumpy, I went out this afternoon to make sure the heater was on in the feed room, and about half of them were standing in the "rain", I yelled at Cisco and told him he had a perfectly good shelter in his pen.  Unfortunately when I looked in his pen there were 4 mini donkeys already in his shelter.  There are plenty of places to get in out of the wind and rain, but a lot of them just turn their butts to the weather and wait it out.  

This is Rosie last January , with her pones and bubble butt


I took a picture of Rosie this morning to compare to what she looked like last January when she came here.  She is still a "little too short for her weight", but we are headed in the right direction.  She's lost the lumps and her tail is no longer embedded in her fat rump.  YIPPEE..........!!! 

3 comments:

Chelra said...

Good job! She looks great!

Tish said...

She's got a ways to go, but we're pleased with how well she is doing.

Laura said...

I recently rescued Rosie's twin sister! major pones, not a fat belly, crest of neck fallen over, unwilling to have feet handled (had to have her sedated for her first farrier visit). I am so impressed that Rosie lost her pones! What did you do? I'm giving mine moderate bermuda hay, about 1/2 flake twice a day, and all day access to very short grass. I'm in Yuma. I would love to meet you. I was just looking for info on pone reduction and came across your site.