Tuesday, February 18, 2014

GETTING WARMER.....!!!


THE ONLY SAVING GRACE WITH THIS SITUATION IS, THEY WILL HAVE EACH OTHER TO PLAY WITH AND GIVE MOM A BREAK......!!!
 I think we missed spring, either that or all the trees and flowers that are blooming are in for a rude shock if it gets cold again.  This time of year it's about a 50/50 chance.  I'm a spring type of gal, not in any hurry for summer and all that entails, wrapping legs and fighting skin problems.

Rosie and Gigi are getting into the routine of eating "in" the pen if they want to get "out" of the pen.   Gigi is getting along pretty good.  Since she's been going out, I've been giving her bute again.  I doubt that she's ever moved around as much as she is now.  

Rosie is looking less massive I think.  She's got a long ways to go, but it looks like she's headed in the right direction.  She would rather go out of the pen than eat, which is a good sign that she isn't really a food whore.  I would guess there was hay in front of her all the time and there wasn't anything to entertain her, so she ate.  

Yesterday I looked out at the driveway and saw 2 donkeys trying to control each other.  It turned out to be Ruger and Pepper, talk about the ying and yang, Pepper won't see 35 again and Ruger is 3 years old.  What started that I'll never know, but Pepper was trying to give as much as he was getting.  OLD FOOL......!!!!  Ruger started walking down the driveway and Pepper was stalking him.  Pepper broke off to stand under a tree in the shade when Ruger got quite some distance, then Ruger turned around to keep it going.  That's when I went out and told Ruger to find something else to do.  Pepper obviously doesn't remember how he got his hip broke.......!!!  I don't know what keeps him going, but it we could bottle it, we'd be rich........!!! LOL

I wish I could find a good home that wants 3 donkeys.  Good luck with that, most calls I get only want one and lately only minis.  Ruthie, Ruger and Wister hang out together and Ruger has finally learned how to play with Wister.  It would really be nice if they could all go to a home together, Ruthie seems to hang onto her boys and she doesn't interact with the other donkeys at all, so it would be a win, win for all 3 of them.  Now to find that perfect home..........!!!!! 


No comments: