Friday, March 19, 2010

PALADIN IS HOME

This is Paladin with his new mom, being watched by his new friends, Mr. Hershey the donkey & Comet the horse.  They were very excited to see Paladin, him.......not so much.  I think he was rather overwhelmed by everything going on.  

I had worked with halter & leading, but only in his pen.  There was no way for us to unload him directly into his pen, so it was time to see if he would lead.  I put a halter on him, & 2 lead ropes.  The idea  being 2 people could hold him back if he bolted.............I don't think so.........!!!  Fortunately we didn't have to find out.  Linda & John manned the ropes & I went in front with clicker & animal crackers.  He was hesitant, but willing & it didn't take too long to get him where he needed to be.  What a good boy he is & hopefully Linda will have more time to work with him.  He's like a piece of clay & more than willing to meet you half way.  Hanna & Quilla will miss him, they were his play buddies. 

We will go to Dos Cabazos tomorrow to pick up Chico & his mom Lupe.  I'll have to call the vet Monday & make an appointment for his "brain" surgery "i.e." gelding. 

No comments: