Saturday, April 11, 2009

By the late Victoria Berry

The race track is suppose to have an Easter egg hunt for the kids tonight. I certainly hope the weather takes a turn for the better. Right now the wind is blowing, it's spitting rain & the temperature in late morning is 52 degrees.

Needless to say the gang isn't very happy with the weather right now. We are waiting for some people to come out for a tour, so the donkeys are still in their pens, which adds to their displeasure. I wouldn't be surprised if the people don't show up, it's certainly not a typical spring day in the desert.

I guess Sha'ba is thru eating hay for good. We have continued to put hay in his pen & would change it out every 2 or 3 days. That means we'd leave his gates open & let the "cleaner-uppers" have access, & replace with new hay. But he's shown no interest in weeks. We stopped putting hay in & as far as we can tell, he hasn't missed it. I've upped his mush just to make sure he doesn't get hungry. He doesn't polish his bucket, so I assume he's eating all he wants.

Besides massaging Chester every morning, I'm also doing Pepper now that Martha showed me where his problem with his rear leg is. When I rub my hands down the front & back of his leg, I hear a clicking sound up in his hip somewhere. It will click everytime I rub his leg. I have no idea what that is about, but he seems to like it, so I guess it feels good.

With this cold snap it's probably a good thing, we hadn't gotten around to clipping Daisy yet. I have to get in touch with Katie & see if she can work us into her schedule one of these days.

No comments: