Sunday, April 29, 2007

NEW GUY IN TOWN


This little guy is so new he doesn't even have a name yet. I deliberately stay away from auctions, because I would try to buy everything & take it home.

Today I went with a friend to the BLM Wild Horse & Burro Adoption in Tucson. She was looking for a guard donkey for her sheep & goats. The auction for them was yesterday, & today all the "leftovers" were available for a set price.

We got there & they had 1 jenny that looked like a 2 for 1 deal, but she had already been adopted. They also had 3 young jacks left. My friend was actually looking for a jenny, but thought one of the jacks was cute, so decided to take him. As she was filling out the papers, one of the BLM guys, said she needed to take the other one, because they had come in together & were bonded. So she decided to take both of them. Then she turned to me & said, "the other one is going to be by himself, so you need to take him".......!!!!! I would imagine that was the last BLM auction John will let me attend............!!! Ha!

He actually seems pretty mellow, so hopefully he will gentle easy. We will get him gelded as soon as possible. John is in Tucson today, so maybe I will see how long it takes for him to notice the new addition, when he gets home.

I haven't thought of a name yet. I've been holding the name Fonzie for just the right one, but I don't think that name is going to fit this little guy.

No comments: