Sunday, September 05, 2010

Our little moose still looks like a moose.  Quilla's swelling is still there, gone down a tiny little bit, but he still can't eat or drink.  Yesterday John figured out he could stick a dry animal cracker between Quilla's teeth & it would stick to his tongue.   We have some Strategy to mix in the mush for the older guys, & after I got bit trying to stuff animal crackers in his mouth, put some of those in a pan.  I don't know how much he's actually getting, but he is interested in participating in the process, & is willing to try.  

He's still on IV's since he can't drink, & Dex for the swelling, which I ran out of last night.  Neither the vet or I thought he would be swelled this long.  Of course it's a holiday, this is Sunday & I haven't heard back from her yet. 

At least John & I are managing to run the IV's now without having a crisis & having to call her in a panic.  Poor Quilla, it's probably a good thing he doesn't know how shaky his nursing staff is, or he'd probably opt to go with the snake instead.  

 

No comments: