Tuesday, February 14, 2012

TUCKER & MOCHA ARE "VACATIONING"

"MOMMIE SAVE ME.....!!"

I guess that's what they are doing.  They stayed up in Gilbert for a couple of days.  Dr. Voss scoped the little guy & didn't see anything unusual.  So I flew my idea of leaving them there & letting the experts feed him hay & see what happens.


MAYBE IF I YELL LOUD ENOUGH SHE'LL COME & GET ME........!!!


Everyone at the clinic thought he was just the cutest little thing.  Of course they are use to horses, so donkeys especially a cute little fuzzy baby is a rarity.  He was a good little boy, well except for that planting all 4 feet & having to be dragged into the clinic by the above butt strap.  

If he eats hay without choking we'll go back up & get them later this week.  If that happens, then we'll start introducing him to the outside world a little bit at a time.

I think I've figured out why Rusty was chasing Bijou a few days ago.  Our neighbor that helps with chores a couple of mornings a week, was here this morning.  He said Rusty spends hours & hours standing by our shared fence, visiting with Twiggy, a mare he is boarding at his place.  I bet Rusty thinks Bijou might be another suitor for her attention.  Poor little guy can just barely walk, & he's certainly not going 20 acres away to visit with her.  

"WELL AT LEAST I GOT MOMMIE BACK"

 This is what we saw when we left.  Dr. Voss did say Tucker is very sturdy, which I think means he might be a little chunky for his age.  One of the vets commented on how nice & healthy Mocha looks.  Not sure, but that might mean she's chunky too.....!!!  (G)  Actually she is just about right, but I have been thinking about cutting down on their mush, I don't think Tucker has any bones that you can poke.  Maybe if he gets out to run & play he'll get more exercise & won't be so "sturdy".  

2 comments:

Susan and Joe said...

Love that braying!

Tish said...

I think his voice is changing finally. For a long time he sounded like a very tiny goat being strangled....!!! Lately it's deeper, & he can bray for awhile. He practices by braying when Boaz brays.