We're in "getting ready" mode for the Open House. The weatherman is trying to jinx us I guess, he says it will only be in the 50's or 60's Saturday. John says their batting average isn't that good, so maybe they will be wrong.
Everyone seems to be doing pretty good right now. All the ones that got trimmed when Courtney was here, did real well. Jennie's hoof that was x-rayed is still oozing as it grows out. I've soaked it a couple of times since she was trimmed in White Lightening in case there is infection in there. We also keep it covered with ichammol to hopefully keep any germs from getting inside the hoof . It's got a long ways to go before it grows completely out, probably 9-10 months. As long as it stays open & doesn't build up pressure in her foot she should not go lame again.
Madie got over being 3 legged lame, with nothing to show for it. So I have no idea what was wrong. Her family said she would go lame periodically, so it will be interesting to see if it happens again. If it does, I will probably have that foot x-rayed to see if there is something going on in there.
Little Tucker man is growing like a weed. It's hard to imagine that there could be anything wrong with him that might be fatal as active as he is. But I guess it's a waiting game for the next few months, hopefully all his innards are where they should be, doing what they should be doing. He's still on a mush & no access to hay at all for the foreseeable future. Momma Mocha gets out of their pen twice a day to eat hay. He has become resigned to this horrible experience........but.....if we leave them separated longer than 1 1/2 hours he starts yelling at us, even though he can see her at all times.