Monday, October 10, 2011

Courtney was out a few days ago, to do some trimming.  Poor Jenny has been fighting abscesses for weeks.  Courtney seems to think she is fighting some type of systemic problem, & suggested I get her blood tested.  I know she has had a sore on her back leg for most of the summer & we haven't been able to get it to heal.  

Tucker's blood test came back with elevated white blood count, so they both need to have blood drawn.  Tucker needs to wait a couple of weeks, so I'm trying to figure out how to get them both done, because I want to get Jenny done ASAP.  I'll probably end up hauling Jenny & having the vet come out to do Tucker.  SIGH!  

Today Georgette & I headed to Deming, New Mexico to check out a rescue over there we were going to visit when we went to Texas last month, but came home early because Tucker went to the vet clinic.  

They have a lot of land, but not a tree in sight.  I think the woman said they have 31 horses & donkeys right now & with the price of hay aren't taking in anymore right now, they are paying $20 a bale............YIKES!  Right now in Benson both bermuda & alfalfa are about $17.50, & I was told it won't be long before it probably makes it to $20.  

I am getting e-mails almost every day, from people looking for a place for their donkeys.  One woman has 11 she needs to rehome, had a message waiting for me tonight when I got home, 2 nice jennies, mother & daughter...........divorce, selling property, etc.........!!!   It's been quite awhile since I have been contacted by someone wanting donkeys, & with the price of hay, I seriously doubt if there are many people out there wanting to add to their family.  

It's time to start thinking about the Open House, Dec 3rd & 4th the 1st Sat & Sun in December.  As usual we'll will need volunteers to help show people around.  So if anyone in the area would like to help, please let me know. 

No comments: