Wednesday, August 01, 2012

CLIPPING MISS DAISY

This morning I was petting Daisy & noticed she had lots of mats in her armpits & also the hair was sweat stiff.  This spring I was going to body clip her, but the Donkey Yahoo group had a pro-con discussion about whether to clip or not to clip.  Although the consensus was, God intended them to have hair to insulate from the desert heat, she does have Cushings & is on 3mg of Pergolide a day, so her hair growth isn't exactly "normal".  

One reason I'd put off clipping is I didn't know if my hands & wrists would take it.  A broken thumb, broken wrist & metatarsal bone in one hand & an eroding cyst in the other wrist, cuts into my style............!!!  But I decided to give it a try wearing my splints.  

This is what I had to work with, a very hairy girl.  Daisy's former owner gave me a big set of clippers made by Oster Stewart, I think you could clip a Yak with them, no problem.  But they are big & heavy.

It really went much better than I thought it would.  She's a good girl, she stood real still, maybe it felt good to get all of this off:


My hands held up real well, didn't have any problems & this is the finished product.


I didn't clip her legs, no sense in giving the flies a head start in gnawing their way to bare skin.

Lysa was here cleaning pens, in fact she was my back up in case I couldn't finish clipping Daisy.  She said we should try clipping BlackJack.  I told her if she wanted to, by all means have at it..............BUT........that I didn't think BJ would like it.  And when he doesn't like something he has a way of letting you know.  I remember him throwing himself on the ground in a temper fit one time because we had the audacity to want to trim his feet.  He's self trimmed his feet ever since.  I would imagine he would let me pick his feet up now without having a tantrum, but clippers.........????   Maybe not........!!! 


5 comments:

Morning Bray Farm said...

You did a great job, Tish! Daisy looks gorgeous and I'm sure she feels great. We wondered and wondered a couple of months ago whether or not we should trim Patrick, but seems that he's finally done a good job of shedding out on his own. :) Hope you are doing well aside from hands and wrists - good grief... poor you!

Tish said...

She seemed to be enjoying her new "do" when she came in tonight. I'm sure she is more comfortable.

I'm doing good, & my hands are doing OK. Suppose to have surgery on the eroding cyst, but I've learned how to manage it. I'm not a fan of surgery, so think I'll just work with what I have. LOL

The Three Muleteers said...

Looking good there Daisy, bet that feels so much better :-)

Tish said...

She does seem to be pretty perky today, maybe she's showing off her new "do"............!!!

Anonymous said...

says most people pay back ones own financial loans timely together with while not charges
A number one personal debt charitable desires may be men and women looking toward these folks to get assistance through payday cash advance debts in order to dual this particular. personal debt charitable trust affirms available used the actual near future, huge curiosity loans in 2010. All the good cause tells 36 months ago the quantity of prospects with them ended up being simple.
powiązana strona z tym tematem
pożyczka bez bik
pożyczka gotówkowa 2000
pożyczka na dowód millennium
pożyczka na dowód częstochowa

http://kredytybezbik24.net.pl
http://kredyty-bez-bik.org.pl
http://kredytybezbik24.net.pl