Tuesday, September 22, 2009

YEAH.......COME GET ME..........!!

Yesterday we went out to check on the 2 jacks that need to be gelded. Hmmmm..........this is going to be "interestin". The big jack is running on 40 acres & she was right, he's wild. I took sugar free peppermints, & animal crackers, & the best treat of all ginger snaps with me to show I was a friend bearing gifts. He all but told me what I could do with my gifts.........!!!! She has a smaller pen & said she would start feeding & watering him in there. If she can get him in there, & also keep him in there, without getting out, hopefully we can back the trailer up to the gate & run him in the trailer. Of course that brings up another problem. Most vets really prefer a cooperative patient, & I have no idea how they could put him out to do the surgery. A dart gun comes to mind......!!! (G) He's a pretty boy, but she doesn't want him. So I'm afraid if we do get him gelded, & he goes back there he'll either just continue to run wild or she will give him to the first person that will take him, probably a roper. I'm sure he's the type they like to "play" with. So we've talked about if we can get him in the trailer, if we can find a vet to geld him, if they can get it done, then bringing him out here, putting him in Max's old pen, which is about 36 x 40 & trying to work with him. I have this thought in the back of my mind, that if he does come out here, he & Tula will probably become an item. Just what she needs, someone that thinks like she does.

This morning started out a little unusual. John went out to start rounding them up, & I came out later. Just as I got to the feed room, I heard thundering hooves running over from Burroland. Looked up & it was Buster & Chester, running & wrestling. At first I thought they were playing, but I don't think so, Chester was trying too hard to intimidate Buster, & Buster seemed to appreciate me breaking it up. He went over to Lucy to soothe his shattered nerves.......!!! (G) Chester didn't look mad or didn't try to continue, so I have no idea what was going on.

Then John noticed Buddy Brat wasn't eating his hay. For Buddy not to eat, you know something is wrong. We watched him for a few minutes, & he laid down & tried to roll. So I went for the banamine & John got a halter & lead. We walked him for about 30 minutes, actually John walked him, he wouldn't walk with me. He seemed to be just fine, even pooed, so I would imagine he just had some gas colic. This is why it doesn't do much good for us to plan our days we never know what is going to happen.

No comments: