Sunday, June 08, 2008

FLY SEASON HAS ARRIVED........!!!

I had to start spraying my immune compromised fly magnets today. I use fly predators, masks & fly traps on a regular basis. Considering how many animals we have, we don't have a bad fly problem. But the ones like Sha'ba, Jenny, Cisco & a couple of others to a lesser degree gather up what flies there are. Over the years I have tried every fly spray known to mortal man. They all seem to be about the same........they last until the moisture dries up. The flies patiently wait on the sidelines & then it's "business as usual". I don't like using chemicals especially if there isn't going to be a long term result. The last couple of years I've used the Avon Skin So Soft homemade spray & it seems to work as well as the others. Besides they all smell real nice when they are sprayed with it.........!!!

For those that might want to try it, here's the recipe:

1 Cup Avon Skin so Soft bath oil
1 cup water
2 cups vinegar
1-2 Tab. Eucalyptus or Citronella oil
(health food stores, or internet)
squirt dish soap
(Ivory seems to be preferred by name)

Put in spray bottle & shake well, when using.

HAPPY SPRAYING...........!!!!!

2 comments:

the7msn said...

Thanks for posting the recipe. The flies here aren't too bad yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. My burros seems to spend at least 4 hours a day rolling/napping/and otherwise hanging out in their dust bowl - a fly would have dig through 18 layers of dirt to find their skin.

Tish said...

Happiness is "NOT" a clean donkey, is it.......???? I try to be careful to not mess up their dust coating "do" when I touch them. Some of my old guys have flies on their lips constantly. What teeth they have are OK. I think their mouths are slack & the flies go after the moisture. Can't put warpaint or anything that close to the mouth. Drives me crazy.