Monday, April 15, 2013

GUS AND HIS ADORING PUBLIC...........!!

Thank you Steffen for the wonderful pictures you took...!!!!  (He has a much better camera than I do...!!)

When we have people come out to see the donkeys, and Gus is here, we always let the children go in with him.  He absolutely adores kids & I have no worry with people being up close & personal with him.  He loves it to, these little girls was trying to stuff hay in his mouth & he was more than willing to go along with the "game". 
Most of our guys are good with people, but you never know when someone might move quick or kids might squeal & spook a donkey.  I've never seen Gus behave like anything except a perfect gentleman, whatever people want to do is just fine & dandy with him. 
We also went in Quilla's pen, which he allowed, although without Gus' enthusiasm.  When he first came here if he saw kids he would disappear.  He has improved to where the 2 little girls went in his pen & he held still until one of them moved quick.  Then he just moved over to the side of the pen, & looked at me like I was responsible for these little people being in his pen.  I went back later & told him how brave he was. 
Molly & Jack the mini mules are really starting to settle down & are actually quite personable.  I may have to quit telling people how naughty Jack is, if they keep improving.  Molly still snaps those feet to attention when I ask her to pick them up.  Haven't tried it yet, without John standing at her head, although we don't use a halter or lead.  And we are down to only 4 animal crackers, one for each foot.   

3 comments:

Witcheylady said...

Gus is truly the Goodwill Ambassador!
Please give him & Quilla a hug and a kiss from me. Sure do miss them.

Tish said...

Will do......!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn.
That is an extremely smartly written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

my blog; trick photography and special effects review