Friday, August 13, 2010



Lucy, Buster & Pepper are still holding out for the "wild" life in Burroland & not bothering to come over to the pen area in the morning.  This morning John didn't even bother looking for them, just closed the gate.  I would think they would get thirsty, but obviously not enough to give up their "freedom".

Poor Quilla, between the flies & the sun allergy, he really is having a time of it.  It takes about 1/2 hour in the morning to get him doctored for the day.  It seems like every morning I find another spot breaking out.  I've been all over the internet looking for someway to improve his liver & immune system, to help control the sensitivity, but haven't found anything so far.  Once they start having problems & the sores break out, the general consensus seems to be deal with it.  Poor guy, he is such a "love mush", & would make someone a wonderful companion, but in the summer he takes so much care that very few people would want to deal with it.  I'll keep looking, but I'm sure if there was a "fix" I would have found it by now. 

Susan called this morning & Ernie got the 2 girls trimmed.  When we went & helped a month ago, Martin was the easier one to work with.  I guess today, she was a pill, & Sandy was actually a little cooperative.  Go figure, just about the time I think I've got them figured out, they let me know different.

Ernie will come back in October, & Susan is suppose to work on getting a halter on Sandy without a fight, & also picking up their feet.  If she gets that accomplished, it will certainly make his job a lot easier. 

No comments: