Friday, October 24, 2008

John had to be in Tucson this morning by 7:45, so I got to be in charge of feeding..........!!!! Yippee! Everyone was pretty good about showing up & going where they are suppose to, except for.................Tula & Chester.......!!! Big surprise. I pressed on with feeding chickens & mixing up equine breakfasts. As I headed down the row of 6 pens with feed buckets, towards the middle, where those two are suppose to be, here they came, almost running in their pens. As soon as Tula got in hers, she turned around & brayed at me. I guess we're playing some kind of game, I'm just not smart enough to figure out the rules...........!!!! (G) John won't be home in time to help feed tonight, so we'll see how that goes. They get very impatient when there is only one of us feeding.

Gus is feeling pretty good today, & hardly limping at all. He got up on the feed room porch this morning& also squabbled with a couple of the others about wisps of leftover hay, so I guess he's on the mend. I'll miss our "poor poor Gus" sessions, he was actually loving & loveable, but wouldn't even stand still for me to put his fly mask on this morning. Oh well, I'm just glad his knee is OK.

No comments: