Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I sure am glad we got Daisy, or at least most of of her clipped, before our latest weather pattern moved in. We've been around 90 degrees ever since Katie clipped her. She seems to be much more comfortable, although I do wish she'd stop scratching with such vigor on the trees. It's like now that air & sunshine can reach her skin she's making up for lost scratching time. She isn't the only one, most of them are starting to scratch & rub, I guess they are starting to itch. John brushed on Max the horse & the mules this morning, & got gobs of hair. I ordered a furminator groomer off the internet, once Katie told me how to spell it. I'm anxious to see how it works, I think it will really help with the shedding. If anyone is interested in buying one, shop around on the internet, I found them at about 1/2 price on amazon.com.

I still haven't put fly masks on all of them. The flies aren't really, really bad yet, & once they have masks on, they won't be able to go over to Burroland during the day. After the "log jam" at the gate the other night, I can imagine what it would be like, if the gate didn't open at all. There are flies & they are going for the eyes, but I'm trying to put off the inevitable as long as possible, they really enjoy Burroland & I hate to deprive them of their fun.

No comments: