Friday, April 13, 2007

FOUNDER WATCH IS OVER.......!!!

I'm happy to report that everyone seems to be just fine, after their little courtyard snack the other night. I guess there were some upset digestive systems. We noticed a few "cow patties" rather than "road apples" the last couple of days, but don't know exactly who was responsible for them.

Wednesday morning, while I was cleaning pens, I looked up & there were 5 donkeys on the courtyard, looking for leftovers, I guess. I yelled from the pens, & they all took off, so they know they aren't suppose to be in there. Later I caught Buster Brown snacking on a large peppermint plant that was overlooked in the first "attack". We are now shutting the gate, every time we go in or out. What a pain that is........!!!! We're use to just leaving it open, & it hasn't been a problem before. Tuesday night, they ate my parsley that was really doing good, & ate a little ash tree I nurtured over the winter. It had put out lots of leaves & really was looking good. They jerked it out of the pot, ate everything, except for the roots. Guess I'll be making a trip to the nursery soon............!!!!!

I made a place for Snowy's special feed in the feed room. Don't want to take a chance on the gang having another picnic..........!!!!

No comments: