Friday, August 22, 2014



It's been 3 or 4 days since they got their 2 or 3 hours in Burroland, so late this morning we opened the gate, before we let them out of their pens.  So far it's been a slow transition, guess they had given up on being able to go over there.  When I came in 2 of the minis were working that way, eating beans along the way..........SIGH.!!!

Doctoring is getting pretty easy, a couple of habronema spots, scabs but no open sores.  This morning Cisco was scratching an ear with vigor.  Stuck my hand down in it and yuck........!!!  Gooey, so I sent down a rag, which he really seemed to appreciate.  Then I squirted some Animax in his ear, which wasn't appreciated at all......!! He usually has ear problems once or twice a summer, don't have a clue as to what it is.  Brought it to the attention of a vet years ago, and she used Animax, without telling me what IT was and the Animax clears IT up pretty quick, whatever IT is..............!!!

The weather is changing into fall, it's interesting how you can wake up one morning and it looks and feels like fall.  No more 100 degrees and probably very little rain, although we got a couple of drops yesterday afternoon, so the monsoon is still trying to hang on.  This has been a good monsoon for a change, it's been years since we got a decent monsoon, so we are enjoying it, even if the rain usually comes at feeding time.

Of course all the toads and desert critters are enjoying monsoon.  This morning I saw a little toad, less than a 1/2 inch in diameter hopping along.  I had to look twice to even know what it was.  He was a perfect little Colorado River Toad, although I guess it could have been a Spadefoot, too little for me to tell the difference.  As tiny as he was, he must have been a tadpole yesterday. 

I guess Snooky can only stand being wild for 3 days and 2 nights, he came in yesterday morning on his own, as long as the door was open and we weren't standing by it.  Guess he missed his ice cream and Temptation cat treats. 

No comments: