Sunday, April 20, 2014

VERY PROUD OF ROSIE.........!!!

SOMALIAN ASS MOMMA AND BABY AT BASIL SWITZERLAND ZOO.  THEY ARE EXTINCT IN THE WILD AND IF A DONKEY HAS "BRACELETS" ON THEIR LEGS, THEY PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THESE AS ANCESTORS.

Brought the car home in one piece and won the main event, so all in all it was a good night.  Even got my trophy from the Easter bunny, how cool is that.......!!! LOL

Of course we didn't get home until 2am, didn't get to bed until 3.  Unfortunately the donkeys could care less what time we got to bed or how tired we are, they expect breakfast to be served as usual.  It got served, just not very quickly. 

I really should be ashamed of myself with how I bad mouthed Rosie about probably chewing the bandages off.  As far as I could tell she didn't touch them.  The one with just brown gauze had Animax on the leg, which is really good for bacterial infections, so I left it alone.  The other one had zinc oxide on it to get all the dirt and crude soaked off............ hopefully.  We put her in the squeeze to put a halter and lead on her and then tied her and opened the squeeze.  She was a little squirrelly about me cutting the Elasticon bandage off, but all in all not bad.  

Once I got it off I found out a lot of what I thought was dirt was actually scabs. So I scrubbed her leg to get most of them off.  This is really weird, it popped up within a couple of days and really didn't look like much of anything, until we looked closely.  So it got covered with Animax and bandaged up.  All in all she really did well, I wouldn't say she cooperated, but at least she stood still.  

I'll leave the bandages on for 2 or 3 days to give the Animax a chance to do it's thing and to hopefully start new cell growth.  This looks like something she's probably had for quite some time, she's probably another one with a poor immune system.  Patti from Desert Equine Balance suggested Spirulina and Chondroitin sulfate    for Boaz this might be good for her too.  Unfortunately I think it has to be taken for weeks before it kicks in.  I'll be seeing Patti tomorrow night, maybe I'll try to pick her brain, that is if mine has recuperated from sleep deprivation. 

No comments: