Thursday, April 03, 2014

NOT EXACTLY WHAT I EXPECTED

MIKE AND ZEKE ON THE STREETS OF TOMBSTONE WITH AN ADMIRER


TERESA AND ZEKE ON THE STREETS OF TOMBSTONE

TOMBSTONE ZEKE WILL BE HAVING HIS EYE SURGERY NEXT WEEK.  A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED PUT THE FUND RAISER OVER THE TOP.  HE'S WORTH IT.........!

Yesterday we finally got an experimental cat box ready for use.  A friend of mine had a storage container with a hole cut in it for a cat box and it cuts down on cat litter being dragged all over the house.  With four cats, 3 of which like to sneak up on the other one and make her run at the most opportune moment makes for a lot of kitty litter EVERYWHERE.  Kathy said it actually works, so we figured to give it a try. 



As you can see Nigel took to it immediately, unfortunately not in the way intended.  I have taken the top off, to see if that helps them figure out how to use it.  

Most of the donkeys now have fly masks on.  The flies aren't that bad, but even a few usually go for the eyes, which has to be irritating.  We haven't put masks on Wister and Ruger.  We did put one of Ruthie and haven't seen it since, which is one of the reasons we haven't bothered with the boys.  I'm sure they won't stay on very long.

Boaz's knee is still looking good, I sure hope this time it heals.

 Yesterday I received a summons for jury duty.  This has always been something I've wanted to do, came close a few years ago, managed to make it into the jury box, but the druggie didn't show up.  I told the guy sitting next to me, that we should have just went ahead, found him guilty and the next time the sheriff picked him up, he could go straight to jail.  Wish I had a picture of his face, he seemed to think I was a little judgemental I guess........!!!   I'd love to be on one of those big ones, but I have a feeling neither side would want me, especially the defendent.  LOL  I'm a little too black/white in my opinion of right and wrong to be swayed by a bunch of lawyers jabbering I'm afraid.

Unfortunately with Mother being bedridden, there is no way I can go down to Bisbee and play with the system.  I got in touch with them and explained Mother is bedridden and I am her primary care person, actually her only one.  So I have a call into her doctor for a "get out of jury duty" letter.  I hope he doesn't want to see her, she is so frail no telling what a trip to town would be like for her and for me.  Hopefully he'll take my word for it and write the letter. 

No comments: