Sunday, December 16, 2012



God obviously has a sense of humor.  Over the last couple of days it has rained, tried to rain, threatened to rain, & the sun has shone.  Want to take bets when it rains?  If you're first guess is at chore time, BINGO.......!!!  Oh! it hasn't been a downpour, just enough drizzle to be irritating.  I'm not complaining, we need 4 inches of rain to reach our pathetic average of 11 inches a year.  But drizzles "ain't" going to make it happen.  My choice would be a steady downpour thru-out the night.  A couple of nights like that would really make the spring flowers happy. 

We finally put away the fly masks for the season, at least I hope we won't need them again.  They were pretty rough on them this year, the more boys we have, the more replacement fly masks we need.  There are still 2 or 3 out there somewhere, that John couldn't find.  I'll go ahead & get in touch with Renee at Colorful Equine even though it's winter.  I'm sure she stays busy once the flies show up in the spring.

Couldn't get the vet out here until the day after Christmas, so Jenny & I are back to soaking & working on proud flesh & popping antibiotics.  Don't know that the vet will have any better ideas, but we'll see.

When the vet comes out I'm going to run an idea past her & see what she thinks.  Cisco was at a roping school, & was loaned out to the students to take home & practice on, until he mentally shut down & would no longer react to anything around him.


He has never brayed, when he tries there isn't much noise unlike most of the others.  I am wondering if his throat was damaged, from being roped?  I'm sure they weren't real careful to make sure he didn't get injured.  We've had him about 12 years, he's about 20 years old & my thought is, he could have scar tissue that is changing size, shape, etc.  I don't know if that's possible, but I'm going to ask. 

No comments: