Thursday, October 08, 2009

BACK HOME AGAIN...........!!!

Some of the burros at Hacienda de Los Milagros

Got back from my trip last night about 8pm. Had a great time, even though it was rather quick. I think we spent more time on the road than we did anything else. Jean seemed to survive my driving without any permanent damage............!!!! (G)

Spent an hour or so at Milagros visiting with the burros. Milagros has always been a sanctuary that did not do adoptions. Over the years the numbers have grown & in the last few months they have began an adoption program to reduce their numbers. This morning I got a call from a woman looking for a buddy for Poncho her new little donkey, so I told her about them. I got an e-mail from her this afternoon & she had already gotten in touch with Milagros. Hope it works out for all involved.

This is a picture of Daisy's old pasture mates. Rosie on the left & Andy on the right. They are really pretty mules, & although Rosie wasn't going to allow me to pet her, Andy loved attention. In fact he likes to mouth your hand & sleeves to make sure you know he's there. He's a pretty big guy, it would be hard to miss him even without the smacking lips. He's one of those gentle giant types.

John had a jeep tour this morning, so I fed by myself. I went out & expected everyone to show how much they missed me. Didn't happen, it was more like, "Oh! there you are, where's breakfast"...............!!

I will call May in the morning & see how the wild jack is doing. She left a message while I was gone, & said she thinks he's about ready. I'd like to think that means that he's following her around & likes to be petted..................BUT I seriously doubt it. I'll have to find out what day the vet can come out & we'll try to go get him the day before. That way he will only have to stay in the trailer one night...........that is IF we can get him IN the trailer.......!!!! (G)

2 comments:

Dina said...

Shalom Tish and John.
Nice-looking mules.
Hey, you have to see this! --
http://israelitybites.blogspot.com/2009/10/hee-haw-zebras-to-dye-for-in-gaza-zoo.html

Tish said...

Went in & checked it out. I'm sure the kids got a safer ride on the donkeys than they would have on zebras.........!!! (G) Before I read about the masking tape I was wondering how they got the stripes so neat, glad they explained it.