Friday, November 28, 2008

FIRST FIRE OF THE SEASON


We have no heating or cooling in our house, so it's always fun to see how long we can go, before we have the 1st fire of the season in the wood stove. John gathered up some wood yesterday, just in case. Today was cloudy all day, so by afternoon we made the annual decision to have a fire tonight. I love the smell of burning mesquite, & the heat is nice too.

This afternoon I was making up the info pages to go on all the pens, for the open house next week-end. I like to have a blurp that tells a little of the story about why that particular donkey is here. I got them done, double checked & didn't have one for Chili. I started looking for a picture of him to go on the page & the only good one I had was Gus & him standing behind corral panels. So I went out to try to get a good picture of just him. The pen he eats in is only 12 x 12 & he is so people orientated that this is the best picture I got before I gave up. I might try to get a better one tomorrow when he's not in the pen. He's got what I call a typical donkey face, which doesn't show very well in a side shot.

Everyone seems to be doing pretty good right now. Chester is still off antibiotics & walking good although the foot on his bad leg, is too upright. Courtney has been working on it a little at a time, trying to get it more normal. He's much better about standing for her, hasn't tried to kick her head off in quite awhile...............!!!



No comments: