Tuesday, June 25, 2019

HABRONEMA VICTIM #2

Must be the season, Rosie has a sore on her chest, probably from itching on sticks or branches.  Noticed lots of flies on it, and sure enough, little white specks.  I only doctored her with topical wormer once and it seems to have taken care of the larvae.  Now we're just putting SWAT on it daily. Cisco's nose sore seems to be healing, but I put wormer on it every morning, just in case.  

BlackJack is going to get a bath today.  He's been itching a lot, we see him scratching on trees and he's got some bare spots where he scratched too long.  He isn't a fan of bathing, but he stands still for it, well fairly still once he's wet. It's like he thinks by squirming he can avoid the experience, but once he's all wet it's all over......!!!  Silly boy..........!!   

Courtney is suppose to come this afternoon to trim.  This will be Mariah's first trim and I think she will do just fine.  I picked up and cleaned all 4 of her feet yesterday and she was cooperative although I could almost hear her asking, what in the heck I was doing.  She's had her front feet picked up, but I don't know about her back feet, and also don't know if her feet have ever been cleaned out before.  But she did just fine and Courtney is pretty good working with new animals as long as they behave.

This morning we gathered up our decorations for walking in the 4th of July parade up on Mt Lemmon, at Summerhaven.  They have a parade every year and we were invited to participant this year.  We are only taking BlackJack, Cheyenne and Lynn.  Our friend Leigh Anne and India are bringing Jasmine and Nellie, so there will be one standard and 4 minis, all dressed up for 4th of July.  I think John is going to be the hit of the parade.  He isn't walking a donkey but we came up with a great idea for him I think.  We'll take pictures.......!!!  LOL 




I raced Saturday night, finished 5th and the car came home in one piece, so it was a good night.  This is a screenshot from a video of the race.  We all stayed close together for awhile, but I finally got ahead of them  I'm 2nd from the top, which isn't a real good place to be, but then again this track isn't made for 4 across racing, so none of us were in a good position.


The 6th of July I'm suppose to race at the dirt track, for the 1st time in a long time.  Haven't heard much advertising, so don't know if they will actually race or not.  We'll be ready if they do.  

No comments: