Thursday, April 30, 2020

MEET COVID-LEO


Not sure how Leo got in this position, but this is the way he came in yesterday.  I would imagine one of the other boys, had something to do with it.  Usually the fly masks end up down around their neck, if they don't get completely pulled off.  

Speaking of masks for years I have gotten masks from Renee at Colorful Equine up in Phoenix.  She made all sorts of neat colors and they were made specifically for donkeys.  That is one of hers on Leo.  She's quit making masks because of health problems.  I had enough to start the season and a few extras, BUT, it's time to find someone else.  The boys think they are toys and by the end of the fly season, we go thru quite a few. 

This is Lynn and Linda's new little guy Arrow.  He is really friendly and when he sees people he usually comes running. 




It's really heated up the last couple of days.  I think it hit 100 in Tucson yesterday, we're always a few degrees cooler out here, but over 95 it doesn't really make much difference.  When it's like this the donkeys usually spend the day, under a shade tree, waiting for it to cool off.  We've always said you can tell where the coolest place is on the property by where the donkeys are.

Our governor opted to continue the shut down until May 15th.  I wouldn't be surprised if May 15th it continues to June 1st, etc, etc.  Some of the Hornet/Mini Stocks racers are talking about having a fun race day Saturday since the track isn't going to open like they planned.  They were suppose to blade a track today on one of the guy's property.  Haven't heard how it's going.

I asked John if my timing belt with the split in it would hold up for a fun day and I can't say he was enthused.....LOL  He's suppose to get it fixed next week, but in the meantime, I could try it out and see if it would hold up under "stress"......LOL 

2 comments:

Witcheylady said...

Oh no! I didn't know Renee had quit making fly masks. I get mine from her too. I hope she'll be okay. Let me know if you find someone else.

Tish said...

Still looking, Linda found some on Etsy, but I haven't had a look yet.