Sunday, July 12, 2020

LOOKIN' GOOD..........I THINK.............!!

This is how Macho Man's leg looked 4 days ago.  




This is how it looked this morning.  I think it looks a whole lot better.  




I scrubbed off the scabby stuff at the bottom as per vet instructions this morning and really am impressed with how good it looks.  The idea is, the light pink around the edges is healthy scar tissue, if there is such a thing and will close in to cover the area completely.  

Nellie and Carlos have settled in nicely and don't seem to mind being in smaller pens than they are use to.  Last night we were on the edge of a rain storm that was north of us.  We mostly got the wind and a few sprinkles,  the people north of us got about 1 1/2 inches of welcome rain.  

With all the wind we thought sure the trees would be bare of mesquite beans........!!!  I guess they aren't ready to fall, because the trees still have plenty unfortunately.  

This afternoon Mikaela and Richelle came in to tell us there were cows on the 10 acres.  The only way they could get in here would be to go thru the fence.  Over the years this has happened a few times, we always wonder why they would climb thru a fence when it's the same stuff on this side of the fence as on the other side.  These are range cattle which means they haven't seen a lot of humans and really aren't that thrilled when they do see them.  We all went out to herd cattle, opened the gate, so they could walk out, but NO, NO, NO.  They came in thru the fence and by golly that's the way they left.  Makes me think maybe our barbed wire fence needs to be restrung after almost 30 years.  

I guess they came in after the beans, although there are beans all over outside the fence.  We're thinking about leaving the gate open, so they could come in like invited guests.  They are wild enough they probably wouldn't come around close to the house or the RVs, unless they thought there was something really tasty close to the buildings.  Still thinking about it, we have the 20 acres of Burroland open, but so far I don't think they've been over there. 

2 comments:

ellie k said...

What a difference. Did he let you wash it ok. .will you have to wrap it the rest of the summer. We need rain too, we get showers on one side of the street but not the other. Just showers here and there but no real rain.

Tish said...

I'll probably have to wrap it all summer, but it's really not that big a deal, and he loves the attention. I've been doing his leg first thing in the morning, yesterday I went into his area to pick up poo first. He met me at the fence, took a cookie, and then followed me all around his pen as I moved, talking to me. I'm pretty sure he was telling me I had forgotten our morning ritual and he was ready......!!! LOL That area doesn't have any feeling in it, so he doesn't mind me messing with it.