Monday, April 29, 2019

STARTING THE COUNTDOWN

Lynn and Linda will be leaving for Colorado about the middle of May.  It's going to really be quiet around here, not to mention John and I will have to start doing chores again.  When they are here we basically go on vacation.  Suzanne is so good too, so John and I just get in the way.......LOL

They will be taking their donkeys and quite a few of ours, especially the ones with summer skin problems.  Boaz didn't go last summer and kept me busy all summer.  The year before he went and Linda hardly had to doctor him at all.  The list isn't final yet, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be more than one trailer load, so with Suzanne here, John and I might load donkeys in our trailer and go with them for a few days.  

Rambo hasn't made it all the way to his new home yet, but he's already worn out his welcome at Dave's.......!!  LOL  Dave says he's pushy.........hmmmm..........he can be.  I guess he hasn't been very respectful so far.  He can be a handful, but he has learned to respect leadership and he had really settled down here.  The home he was in for 6 years wasn't very disciplined and since both he and Big Gus came back pushy and disrespectful, I have a feeling they were encouraged to misbehave because it was "cute".  He's got a great personality, just needs the rough edges rounded off.........!!!

We seem to have a sarcoid epidemic going on right now.  Pepsi, one of the minis started out with one below his eye.  He had one years ago and we had it surgically removed.  Then Linda noticed one on Link, I think now he has 3.  Linda is going all over everyone now, looking for bumps.  Dr. Jeremy recommended Xterra.  I've used it before and am not a fan.  It acts like acid and destroys any skin it touches.  Pepsi's was by his eye and I was afraid it would get in his eye, so we really didn't try to get rid of it ourselves.  Pepsi and Link are both going to Colorado, so I guess Linda will get a chance to figured it out.

Bella and Levi came in about 3 or 4 months ago.  She has limped off and on, but the last few days she has been really limping and laying down a lot.  She's laid down so much she has scruffed up her hocks on the back legs.  So Linda has been learning how to polo wrap a hock.  She's studying to become a vet tech, so this is something she will use in the future.   Dr Jeremy thinks she has a problem with her back, not her leg.  We had her on a pill for inflammation for awhile and it seemed to help, so we'll put her back on it again and probably keep her on it. 

I had an interesting night of racing.  The dirt track was also running and I played with the idea of running both tracks.  BUT..........the closer it got to race time, the less interesting that sounded.  Besides if I got tore up on the dirt track, I wouldn't be able to run on the asphalt track.  Not to mention all the dirt and rocks I would have probably had under the car to drop on their asphalt.......LOL  So I stuck with the asphalt track where I knew they would race and I already have points.  We heard that only one car showed up at the dirt track, so they've got some work to do between now and their next race the 7th of July.  That doesn't interfere with the asphalt schedule, so I'll probably be there.

In the main event, I was running around minding my own business, at least I thought I was.  




I'm sorry, but that is just plain rude, to keep running into me.  After the race we had a little talk and he told me his car wasn't handling.  Not sure what that has to do with what he was doing, some of the other racers were surprised I didn't retaliate, but I learned years ago to never retaliate in a race unless you are absolutely sure of your victim.  Years ago John was in a race with a couple of his friends.  One of them booted him and right after that the other one came up beside him.  So John slammed into him thinking he was the one that hit him.  LOL  

I finished 4th, which means I had to go to tech.  Anytime you finish high enough to go thru tech it's a good night.  Actually our good friend (he was the one that John spun out those many years ago in a case of mistaken identity) Larry finished 4th in his main event and our son won his 1st race on the asphalt, and all the cars came home in one piece, so it was a great night.  John's got some body work and painting to do on mine though. 


Larry's 09 Pro-Stock
 

Rod's "bling" for the night......!!



My old race car, hopefully they will get the new one running before the season is over.....!!!  LOL


No comments: