Saturday, April 13, 2019

I'M BACK.............!!!



I wonder what is going thru the donkey's minds, when people choose trails like this..........LOL

Finally got my computer back from the shop.  The older I get the less I want to deal with people trying to get me to "fill in the blank".  In this case get rid of my Norton protection and go with their choice of McAfee.  I don't know if they get a commission for selling it or what.  Of course I got the big "talk" about upgrading to Windows10................I DON'T WANT WINDOWS10........ I don't know if I'm particularly uncooperative, but it sure seems like people are bound and determined that I need to run Win10 on my computer.  I've tried it, didn't like it, and resent when people tell me I'll get use to it.  I'm use to Win7 and happy as a clam.  The final objection to Win7 is, in September Win7 will no longer be be part of the Windows family for updates etc.  Just as well, I haven't even been allowing Windows to update my Win7 for a couple of years, so I guess it won't make a difference in my day to day life...........!!!  I'm a 20th century gal I guess.....!!!  LOL

While it was gone 2 days longer than promised, I used an IPad given to me a couple of years ago by Courtney, that trims the donkey's feet.  She's a good friend and had an old IPad, so if my computer crashed I'd have something to use.  Linda and Suzanne both carry their phones with them at all times, and I hate to admit it, but I have been known to rely on them for all sorts of information off the internet.....!!  I could keep up with my e-mail and look at Suzanne's updates on the new Facebook page she started for the rescue, so it wasn't much of an imposition. But I'm glad to be back to my computer that is attached to the printer, if needed and also has larger print.......!!  I am amazed at how many people have been on the Facebook page and seem to really enjoy all the pictures Suzanne and Linda have put on there.  

Casper and Big Gus hang around with each other a lot of the time.  Big Gus does prefer horses to donkeys, so maybe Casper being a mini mule fills his need for horse companionship.....!!

John is progressing, still going to wound care 3 days a week, but his leg is getting better everyday.  It will probably take weeks if not months before it will be healed, but it is headed in the right direction.  Our friend Larry came over a few days ago, and they finished up everything on the race car except for touching up the paint.  It's been too cold to paint, hopefully  it will warm up before the 27th, I'd rather not go racing with a red front bumper, it clashes with my usual orange.

A few of the donkeys are already wearing flymasks.  Even though it is cool, flies are out and some of the donkeys are fly magnets unfortunately.  Rosie even has socks on her legs already.  


 
This is Big Gus his little buddy Casper and Leddy is in and out of the video

Little Pepsi has a sarcoid on his face, below one of his eyes.  Years ago he had a sarcoid on his lower eyelid, we had removed.  A lot of people believe you should leave sarcoids alone, if you disturb them, the consensus is they will be more apt to grow back.  But this isn't really close to where the the earlier one was.  This is also more like a bump that an out of control sarcoid.  We'll probably have Dr. Jeremy come out to look and also check Gus' mouth.  He hasn't been eating well for a few days and this morning we noticed he was drooling.  I checked his teeth along his jaw and didn't feel anything and he didn't react to me pushing on his teeth from the outside.  Didn't notice any smell, so that pretty much takes care of my exam, time to get an expert involved........!!!  

Everybody else seems to be doing good.  Next week-end we are heading up in the Phoenix area.  Linda and Lynn are going to introduce some horsey people to pack burro racing.  We're actually suppose to take 16 donkeys with us and after their talk we'll head up to Superior for a trial run to prepare for Oct 12th.  We'll be gone overnight, Suzanne will get to feed all by herself for the 1st time.  She's already figured it all out, so she won't have any problems.  

This is what happens when a cat attempts to try on an equine flymask. Moogee is always getting into plastic bags and anything else that catches her imagination and I guess this looked interesting.






No comments: